In this ITRH book club episode we sit down with Kermit Jones. He's going to tell us about his book that teaches kids, and many adults, all about firearms safety. Maybe you don't have kids, but you'll still enjoy this episode. Because.... well... guns. And Kermit is a lot of fun.
Firearms Safety Topics Discussed:
- How is Kermit Jones and what makes him an authority about teaching firearms safety to kids.
- What inspired him to write Prepper Pete’s Gun of a Son?
- What’s the biggest challenge when writing a children’s book that also appeals to adults?
- What was your biggest fear when trying to teach his own kids about gun safety?
- Is it different teaching daughters to shoot as apposed to sons?
- What’s the biggest mistake parents make when it comes to discussing gun safety with their kids?
- What’s the biggest mistake people in general make when it comes to gun safety?
- What’s an appropriate age to teach kids to shoot?
- How young is too young to teach a child about gun safety?
- What are the 3 biggest takeaways are from his book when talking to kids about guns?
Become a supporting member here:
Resources from this episode can be found at:
Special Announcement: Summer Break
Now ITRH also about to go on summer break. This season will end May 25th.
Since the ITRH summer shorts were so well received last summer we’re going to do those again. So you won’t be left without any ITRH episodeds during the summer. They’ll just be short 7 to 15 minute episodes probably on the order of every 3 weeks.
For those that are new hear and don’t know what the summer shorts are all about I’ll explain quickly. Hear goes:
ITRH goes on break for a few months every summer. But we don’t go totally off the air. You’ll get short episodes on a less frequent basis of one every two to three weeks. Then we’ll be back August 1st.